Diva’s Changing Lives are proud to sponsor YWCA Encore Programs.
YWCA Encore is an exercise program designed specifically for women who have experienced mastectomy, lumpectomy or breast reconstruction surgery at any time in their lives. Based around floor and pool exercises and relaxation techniques, it is safe, fun and therapeutic. The water resistance exercises are gentle but effective, and the warm water relaxes and relieves affected muscles. Encore can help you strengthen and tone your arms, shoulders and chest, regain mobility, and improve your general fitness.
We know that after surgery, many women experience numbness, pins and needles, loss of mobility, and discomfort in their upper bodies. Encore can help relieve these problems through gentle stretching exercises.
We aim to help you:
- improve mobility and flexibility in your arms and shoulders
- boost your self esteem and self image
- relieve any discomfort you may be experiencing as a result of surgery
- reduce the potential risk of lymphoedema
- manage your lymphoedema if you already have it; and
- create a positive attitude to life and health